OCES and the Aging Service Access Points (ASAP) and Area Agency on Aging (AAA) networks along with the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) and local Councils on Aging (COA) are inclusive agencies serving and welcoming all people!
OCES has collaborated with fellow ASAP/AAA, South Shore Elder Services (SSES) on our local cable show, Community Options to bring information and resources regarding the LGBTQ+ Community. You can view the episode by clicking here.
1, LGBTQ+ Terminology: Click here to be brought to GLAAD’s Terminology List.
3. Local Libraries now have video streaming services like Kanopy (https://www.kanopy.com/en).
• Look for films, documentaries and videos about the LGBTQ+ civil rights movement
• You can also stream films at home by clicking on the links below for movies:
Gen Silent (https://www.theclowdergroup.com/gensilent)
• You’ll be amazed at what’s available for free today!
4. LGBTQ+ Mental Health Resources: Click here for more information on Mass.gov LGBTQ+ Mental Health Resources
1. Many local COA’s and Senior Centers have events or support groups, please google your local COA to see if they have anything available in your town.
2. OCES and The Bridgewater Cole-Yeaton Senior Center have teamed up to bring you a LGBTQ+ Friendly Luncheon that is going to be happening monthly starting in August. Click here to view a copy of the save the date invitation.
3. SSES LGBTQ+ Brunch Program for Older Adults meets in South Weymouth. Click here for more information.